Coworking spaces can provide small businesses with a flexible solution for their space needs.
When coworking spaces began to take off several years ago, they were predominantly marketed to individuals, such as freelancers, contractors, and remote workers, vs. businesses; however, as our workforce shifts, a new user of coworking spaces has emerged: small businesses.
As the number of small businesses continues to grow (according to the Small Business Administration, small businesses account for 99.9% of all companies within the United States), coworking spaces are the perfect solution to meet the rising need for flexible, affordable office space.
Benefits of Coworking Spaces for Small Businesses
They offer an array of benefits for small businesses, including:
- Access to a Variety of Cost-Efficient Office Spaces: Unlike standard, leased offices, coworking spaces provide small businesses with access to multiple types of workspaces. These spaces often include open stations, cubicles, private offices, and conference rooms that small businesses can book at affordable hourly, daily, monthly, or yearly rates.
- Increased Productivity: By having your team working together in one space, your employees can have increased focus and get more work done. In fact, a study by Harvard Business Review recently found that those who use coworking spaces “report levels of thriving that approach an average of 6 on a 7-point scale.”
- Work-Life Balance: Many small businesses work out of home offices, which can strain work-life balance. By having a dedicated office space, you can have a change of scenery and focus your attention on your business vs. what is going on at home.
- Access to Additional Amenities: These spaces often have amenities available to their patrons, including high-speed internet, printers and copiers, food and drink, lounge spaces, mail service, and a receptionist.
- Networking Opportunities and Lead Generation: Coworking spaces are shared office spaces, which means other small businesses and entrepreneurs are also using them simultaneously. By utilizing a coworking space, you can continuously meet, collaborate, and network with new people in different industries and with different skill sets, leading to new opportunities for your small business.
Benefits of Choosing Convergence JAX Coworking
If you are looking for a coworking space for your small business in Jacksonville, consider Convergence JAX Coworking. We are a shared office space conveniently located on the Southside of Jacksonville, close to Baymeadows and just minutes off US 1. Our modern space is comprised of open workspaces, individual cubicles, and private conference rooms to meet your business’s ever-changing needs.
We also offer flexible rental options, including daily and monthly rates for coworking spaces and hourly rates for meeting rooms. Virtual office packages that allow small businesses to send and receive mail and packages at the facility are also available.
Convergence JAX Coworking clients also have access to a variety of amenities, including a receptionist, mail service, multiple relaxation areas complete with lounge chairs and couches, fiber optic internet, printers and copiers, and an onsite coffee shop, the Grind Café.
Contact us today to schedule a tour and see how we can benefit your small business.